Review: Bootea 28 Day Teatox

Sunday 31 January 2016



Whilst I had some days off work just before the New Year rolled in, I did a spot of shopping, just to treat myself a bit. I went into Holland & Barret because I remembered that they sold Bootea in there and I just thought to myself that there was no better opportunity to start the year with a bit of a teatox, especially after Christmas. I have had Bootea twice before but I've not had one for about a year now and I just felt that from what it's done before, this would be a good product to use to help start 2016 right.

I purchased the 28 day teatox, which consists of 28 Daytime Tea bags and 14 Bedtime Cleanse tea bags (you have 1 every 2 days which is why you have half the amount). Both of the teas combine lots of natural ingredients within pyramid shaped bags, to really help it infuse within the water. The Daytime Tea contains a small amount of caffeine, to help you get through the morning, whereas the Bedtime Cleanse tea produces a small laxative effect, to help speed up the process of natural elimination of toxins from your body. It's recommended that you have the Bedtime Cleanse on day 1 but if you're a bit uneasy on the effects and you were starting this in the week, I would probably leave it until  a Friday or weekend, so you can be in your own comfort in seeing how it reacts with your body. 



The flavours of the tea are quite strong so it's something you'll either love or hate so if you're a fan of green tea, then you shouldn't have a problem in drinking it. The Daytime Tea contains Chinese Oolong tea, Maté leavesm Ginger root, Fennel seeds, Lemongrass, Dandelion leaf, Ginseng root, Gotu Kola leaves and Nettle leaves, whereas the Bedtime Cleanse has Senna leaves, Peppermint leaves, Fenugreek seeds, Liquorice root, Burdock root, Hawthorn leaves, Valerian root and Psyllium seeds. Lots of ingredients with lots of health benefits!



Out of the two teas, I feel as though the Bedtime Cleanse has so much more of an effect on me than the Daytime Tea. I'll give it credit that it made me not feel hungry until lunchtime and I didn't snack during the mornings, especially when I'm at work but The Bedtime Cleanse, for me, did exactly what it said it would do, by not making me feel bloated and feel as though I had completely flushed out all of the bad toxins.

I wasn't implicitly following how much weight I had lost because I wanted to use Bootea to help clean my body and make me feel more energised, revitalised and clean and I most definitely felt like that after completing my 28 day teatox.

Despite this being the third time that I've had Bootea, I think that my most recent experience was the best in terms of detoxing my body and I think that helped by letting the teabags infuse for longer than what I did before. I must have left them in the hot water for an average of 10 minutes but it's up to you whether you let them brew that long.

Before I started using Bootea, I was a little nervous with the Bedtime Cleanse bags because I really had no idea on how much of an effect it would have on me, whether that be a little or a lot but if you want to use it for the reasons of detoxing, don't be scared by it. It's honestly not that bad. You may just find that you'll be visiting the bathroom a few more times that you usually do.

I think that if I were to buy from Bootea, I would probably just stick to having the Bedtime Cleanse and buy the 14 days worth because that is what really did it for me and I can use it when I'm feeling a bit grotty and need that cleansing.

Have you ever had Bootea before? How did it make you feel? Would you have it again?

Look after yourself,


This blog post is not sponsored and all opinions are my own and honest!

You Might Also Like

0 comments