The Happiness Planner

Saturday 16 January 2016


A couple of days before we entered the new year, someone uploaded a picture of a Happiness Planner. Intrigued, I went to research what this was all about and I only was on the site for a couple of minutes before I went to purchase one. As soon as I received it in the post, I couldn't wait to open it. I was just so mesmerised on how it looked. I even adored the pretty pink box it came in.



The aim of this planner is to help develop yourself as a person, by seeing the more positive side of things, rather than always dwelling on the negatives. By setting yourself goals and resolutions, it encourages you to work towards them and hopefully enable you to be a more happy person.




To kick start the process of a happier you, this is where you reflect on yourself, getting a clear picture on what makes you happy, unhappy, what are your dreams, plans and goals for the year. Even though there are 10 sections to complete, it's a good start to understand the areas in which you want to improve on and focusing more on making yourself that better individual you want to be by doing the things you want to do in life. It also gets you to rate how you feel at the start of this planner. It has different states of mind with a scoring of 1 - 5 (unhappy being 1 and happy being 5). It'll be good to see how it's changed during the course of the year, which I'm really hoping it has.




With your planner, you also get these printables (they have more available on their website here), which are some useful resources that help you see what you want to achieve in the year, or even long term. I'm more of a "don't rush me" sort of person, in that I don't want to set myself a specific time/date to accomplish a task. An example is that I want to get back to doing my driving lessons, so for the short term, I'd make that a resolution but passing my test will be the goal of mine, which isn't something I'd necessary do by the end of the year, but I'll be able to use these printables to motivate me to reach that goal. Because I've never done this, anything I set myself always goes out the window by January 2nd.




This is where all the fun starts. Beginning of each month, you have your plan, where you'll be able to set yourself some personal and work goals and what happy things you'll be doing. During the course of the month, you'll be able to go back and add to it as you wish because not everything is clear at the beginning of the month.





Each page within the planner is per day, which means you're able to record so many aspects of that particular day. You have things like your exercise routine, your meals, your schedule, to do-list as well as what you're excited about that day, what the good things were and what you hope for the next day. They've even included quotes for each day, to give you motivation from the word go. Alongside this, they also have quotes dotted around the planner.




When the month has ended, you can then reflect on well it went (or not) by using the ratings like I mentioned above, but you can also describe the month in 3 words, the happy moments, the struggles, what you learnt and so many other areas. It's a great tool to go back and see how each month has differed.



2015 was, at many times, a stressful and tough place for me, really bringing me down. Although I did have the highs, I had so many lows. Nearing the end of the year, I had time to look back on it and I thought, '2016 needs to be a more positive year. I need to make more time for me, and make me happier'. I can't make 2016 another year of so many negative thoughts so I wanting to do something about it, I went out and got myself a Happiness Planner, enabling to better myself as a person. Yes, I will have bad days but hopefully, I won't see them so negatively as I did before. I do have some very supportive people out there but I need to be able to support myself.

I'm really looking forward to be able to fill these pages with good memories, achieving those goals and be that happy person once again. Focus on what makes you happy.





Do you have the Happiness Planner? What other methods do you use to make yourself happy? I'd love to hear what you have to say!

Look after yourself,


This blog post is not sponsored and all opinions are my own and honest!

You Might Also Like

1

  1. I loooove the look of these planners! Thanks for sharing whats inside :) xxx


    www.jessicabkennedy.co.uk

    ReplyDelete