25 Things I've Learnt In 25 years

Tuesday 14 March 2017


On Sunday, it was my birthday and I turned 25. That is crazy. It only felt like yesterday that I was in Secondary School all carefree, GCSE's were going to be a big thing for me, I'd be on MSN for countless hours chatting to my friends and giving people love on Bebo. That was 10 years ago and a lot of things have changed since then, mainly for the better, although many bad things have come my way. But, in the 25 years that I have been alive, there have been many things that I have learnt but these are the 25 that have stuck with me the most. So, here they are.

1. Tea is my favourite hot beverage.
2. I'm a little bit weird and that's okay.
3. You don't get bumps on your tongue if you lie.
4. Glasses aren't a bad thing.
5. Cats are my favourite animal ever.
6. Getting spotty is a normal thing, even in your 20's.
7. I can't please everybody.
8. Not everyone will like me.
9. I don't have square eyes, even though I've watched TV for most of my life.
10. Things may get scary and stressful but it will get better.
12. It's okay to have down days with no explanation as to why.
12. I don't have to know what I want to do in life.


13. Looking after myself is a priority.
14. I can just be me. I don't need to fit in or be part of a crowd.
15. I'm the worst of getting rid of material possessions.
16. You can spell Jason from using 5 months' first letters (July, August, September, October, November).
17. Friendship is about how much we care about each other, not how long I've known them.
18. Going outside with wet hair doesn't give me a cold.
19. I'm unique.
20. Having a sister is like having a best friend, who brings you food or toilet roll.
21. When I say 'having a few drinks', it usually means I end up with a few bottles of wine under my belt.
22. I am pretty.
23. Saving money is definitely beneficial for my future.
24. Using swear words frequently means that you have a 'greater overall vocabulary'. I must have a massive vocabulary.
25. The quality of my relationship isn't defined or rated by what I see on social media.

And that's the list complete. 25 years have taught me a lot, let's see what the next 25 years teach me.

What have you learnt in your years?

Look after yourself,


This blog post is not sponsored and all opinions are my own and honest!

You Might Also Like

0 comments