Look Fantastic Beauty Box | March 2017

Wednesday 19 April 2017


I'm a bit late with this one but how has March been and gone already? We're already halfway through April too so the next post will have to go out soon! Anyway, now that I've received the Look Fantastic March Beauty Box, I've now reached my first quarter of the boxes and so far, so good. They've all been really interesting, with many products that I've been interested in trying, and this box is no exception.


Once again, there is a different colour scheme with this, with a nice sleek black box with bright pink tissue paper. I love the fact that they do change it up on a monthly basis, because it gives the element of surprise, even when it's just the box, so you are left wondering what the next box will look like.


Out of all of the products, I've only heard of two, Starskin and St. Tropez. I've actually wanted to buy something from Starskin but haven't really got round to it, so this is a good way for me to get introduced to their products and see if I actually do like them (which I'm sure I will). With St. Tropez, I've seen it in most drugstores but never really had much of an urge to go and buy something myself. Aside from them, lets have a look at everything in the March Beauty Box.


As mentioned above, I've seen this brand about in many places. I actually bought a self-tan foam  ages ago which I think I used once (literally a slither on my leg), didn't use again and when I found it amongst the rest of my bath and beauty stuff, it was blue(?) I'm assuming that's just what it does over time, but didn't think it would be blue, haha. Because I'm quite pale, I've always been put off using self-tanning products, just because I'm not sure if I'd look any good with a tan. But seeing as this is a gloss and in a small amount, it may work better for me but I'm not sure what is good and bad in terms of tan so really, it's just going to be down to personal preference. This is only a 30ml tube but a 100ml can cost around £12 so this is a good tester for me, as I wouldn't want to spend that much on something and use it once and waste it like the other one.


Next product is from the Skin Chemists. It's the Aqua Repair Facial Serum. I've not heard of this brand but I'm always pretty keen on finding new skincare products. My skin does have it's moments of being a right pain in the butt and have recently found products that have made it so good but you can never have too many products in your skincare routine. Being small in size, this will be handy if you wanted to take it with you on holiday. Looking on their site, it's main active ingredients are Rose Water, to calm and soothe the skin; Allantoin, which aims to moisturise and soothe, due to it's healing and anti-inflammatory properties and finally, Aloe Vera, which stimulates the healing process of the skin. Going by that it's £29 for the 30ml tube, it must be pretty good, so definitely going to be reaching for this one when my face is due for a deep cleanse.


For beauty, we have the Pür Disappearing Act Concealer. I've only ever bought drug store concealers so I don't know what it's like to get something high end. For this small pot, it's $24 (about £19) which is quite expensive, but I'd like to think that it's going to hide my dark circles and blemishes really well. Not only will it make me look awake and blemish-free, it contains natural ingredients in the formula, which will actually care for your skin. Although it's a thick-creamy consistency, it glides and thins out nicely on the skin, so there won't be any massive build up where you've applied it. The company don't test their products on animals, which is really good.


Fourth in the line up is the Caudalie VineActiv 3-in-1 Moisturiser. Like I've said before, I'm always up for trying new skincare products, especially when it comes to moisturisers. I've always found cream moisturisers don't work with me as much as a gel, purely because it's more oily. Luckily, I don't suffer with mega dry skin so I don't have to use too much but I don't like the oily feeling when I do use it. Not all of them have the same outcome, which is why I'm keen to try different things, to see what works and what doesn't. All of the ingredients, such as Vitamin C and E and Hyaluronic Acid) combined will work together to give you brighter, healthier-looking skin. A 40ml tube is being sold for £32, another pricey product but it's great that these sorts of products are a part of these boxes.


I wasn't really sure what this was on first appearance but reading into it further, it's self-heating hair mask from Redken, called heatcure. It delivers deep conditioning to restore your hair's look and feel, so you can go back to being your sassy self ;) It contains argon oil and soy protein, amongst other beneficial ingredients and it's a simple process. You just need to peel the seal, which will then start the self-heating (so clever). After leaving that to heat for 3-4 minutes, you tear of the top of the sachet, squeeze and apply the product to your hand, which you'll then want to evenly distribute on your hair. Just leave it for 5-10 minutes, wash it away and you're done. These are about £30 for a pack of 4 so they are quite a pricey product but can't say no to trying this out.


Last but not least, is the Starskin Eye Catcher Smoothing Bio-Cellulose Second Skin Eye Masks. As mentioned above, I have heard this brand through other bloggers. I saw people hyping up their face masks but didn't know they did eye masks. These have been designed to reduce puffiness and visibly reduce the appearance of fine lines and dark circles, which is pretty standard. Ingredients include vitamin rich coconut juice, liquorice root extract, blueberry extract and broccoli extract (yes broccoli). All of these, alongside everything else that's been packed in, will give you hydration and make the eye area appear brighter and radiant, all within 15 minutes. To be honest, I've never used eye masks before so I'm really keen to use this during a pamper session one night. On Beauty Bay, two of these will cost £8.50, which isn't too bad but there may be cheaper alternatives out there.


So that is everything in the March Look Fantastic Beauty Box. Again, there isn't anything that I'm disappointed with, so another thumbs up from me. I'm not sure how many of these I'll do, because I'm worried that I'm repeating myself too much but I'll cross that bridge when I come to it.

Have you tried any of these products?

Look after yourself,


This blog post is not sponsored and all opinions are my own and honest!

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. I really like Caudalie products, so def give that one a good try! The eye masks sound interesting, I've been looking like that since trying some Sephora ones.

    www.wordsbynina.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do like the Look Fantastic boxes, they always have such a great mix of products! I just never seem to have the money spare to buy one!

    Lauren :) x

    ReplyDelete