Review: L'Oréal Paris | Pure Clay Blemish Rescue Mask

Friday 13 October 2017


I love a good face mask, who doesn't? I've had many face masks in my time and some have been good and others, not so much but, one that I've been constantly going back to recently is the L'Oréal Pure Clay Mask. I wanted to slap on a face mask one evening and this was something that my sister got me to try, as it was one she just started using herself. I've used various products from L'Oréal before but this is the first face mask of theirs that I'm using so I didn't really think it was going to be bad.


Moving onto the face mask itself, it contains a blend of three different clays; Kaolin - which is a highly effective natural clay, known to absorb impurities and excess sebum (which is where you get oily), Montmorillonite - rich in minerals, a clay that is recognised for helping to eliminate perfections and Ghassoul - a pure clay which is highly concentrated in minerals, known to help clarify complexion. All of them sound like the perfect combination to help unclog your pores and leave your skin feeling soft and clean.


When it came to applying, I actually used a cheap foundation brush, which helped with an even coverage all over my face but using your hands will work too. It's a lovely, creamy consistency but once it had dried, it doesn't start flaking or go crumbly, something that I don't enjoy experiencing with some face masks. It drys quite quickly and once you've left it on for 5-10 minutes (I've left it on for longer sometimes), which is hardly any time at all, you simply wash off with a damp face cloth with luke warm water and you're done. Even though it was only on for such a short space of time, I can tell that it worked its way deep into my pores as my skin felt soft and cleansed. If my skin felt grubby before, this mask works wonders to making it feel good.


I used this face mask twice a week for a few weeks and I did notice that it kept my face clean, didn't get as oily and it seemed like I wouldn't get as many spots. When I started slacking, I quickly noticed that I got spotty and oily. On the box, it says it can do 10 applications and I'm close to that amount, maybe more and I still have plenty left so this product will go a long way.

I've throughly enjoyed using this so far and will continue using this, potentially buying the same one, or maybe another and mixing it up a bit, use two different ones at the same time and apply in different areas.

Do you own this face mask? Do you own any others from L'Oréal?

Look after yourself,


This blog post is not sponsored and all opinions are my own and honest!

You Might Also Like

1

  1. Amazing! I haven't tried this product before but it sounds great. 😊

    ReplyDelete